You were not born to be ordinary, average, run of the mill, mediocre, common… You were not born to “blend in”. It was not meant for you to stand at the back of the crowd, hoping that nobody will notice you. You were not born to FIT IN. You were born to STAND OUT.
Ordinary people go about their daily business, day in, day out with such routine that if anybody was to change anything, they would FREAK the fuck OUT. They use the phrase “same shit different day” quite often when asked how they are but then do nothing to change it. They complain frequently about how shit their job is, or how boring their day has been, or how annoying their colleagues, workmates, family are; yet do nothing to change it. They have dreams and visions of doing something that they have always wanted to do, but are too busy worrying about what other people would think of them if they did it, that 5, 10, 20, 50 years pass and suddenly that vision just becomes a grey scale rough image at the back of their minds. What COULD have been, if they had been bold enough to do something about it. It is NEVER too late to follow your dreams. NEVER EVER TOO LATE.
FUCK ORDINARY. You were not put on this planet to ENDURE daily life, working in a job that you hate, not living your dreams for fear of what others think of you. You are here because you have a purpose. You have dreams – but you’re too scared to live them. You have desires but you are too afraid to fulfill them for FEAR of what might happen, what people would think if you just DID IT.
FUCK ORDINARY. It is NOT NORMAL to wake up every day WISHING that it was bedtime again. You DO NOT NEED TO FEEL LIKE THIS!
I want you to decide RIGHT NOW, that you are no longer going to be ordinary. You are going to accept the fact that average is not good enough and you are going to chase a dream and not fear ANYTHING. Dream without fear.
Stop saying sorry. Stop saying “no offence”. We say sorry far too often. Sometimes we even say sorry before we’ve even spoken the sentence that we’re about to speak. Sorry but I’m not going to make it… Sorry but, I’m sorry for what I’m about to say but… STOP SAYING SORRY! Be confident in yourself and stop worrying about what other people might think about your decisions! It’s your life, you do what you want to do. Be bold.
Start STANDING OUT TODAY:
1. Surround yourself with POSITIVE people in a POSITIVE environment. If someone inspires you, follow them (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter). If someone is constantly negative, remove them from your news feeds, unfriend them or block them. It really is that simple. And before you say it – who gives a fuck what they think?
2. Set goals for yourself. Fitness, health, business, life, family goals. Set goals. Make your goals public – tell people about the goal you have set and why you have set it. Make yourself accountable to succeed.
3. Write things down. Invest in a couple of nice notebooks – whichever one takes your fancy. Colourful, pretty, big small – I don’t care. Start writing things down. Write down how you’re feeling, how your day was, and then write down a small list of 5 things every day that you are grateful for. This is especially powerful when done just before bed. No matter how shit your day has been – find 5 things that you are grateful for and write them down. Keep a diary.
4. Surround yourself with people who appreciate you, and who want to see you succeed. Say goodbye to anyone who is jealous of you because of your success. Only give time to people who give time to you.
5. Invest in yourself. Stop spending money on shit you don’t really need – and start investing in yourself in ways that will help you get to your goal. If your goal is optimal health, invest in organic food, a personal trainer, a nutritionist – whatever you need to make you succeed.
6. SHARE YOUR SUCCESS with friends, family, those POSITIVE people who appreciate you. Be proud of yourself.
If your goal is optimal health and you are taking advice on changing your diet to reach your goal – take some of this advice.
When you walk into work with your packed lunch chicken salad, soup or whatever and your colleague automatically says “Oh, you back on a diet again” or “Ew that looks disgusting, do you want something from Greggs while I’m out?” you need to understand that because you have taken the decision to STAND OUT – people automatically bring you down because you have found the balls to do something about getting to your goal. And they, well, they have not.
We all need to learn to stop treading on eggshells around other people all the time for fear of upsetting them, for fear of what they might think of us and our decisions. It may be cliche – but you only get one life. How would you feel if you were sat here reading this in 30 years time and you think… god I wish I had done this, I wish I had done that; why did I never follow that dream? If you want to travel, TRAVEL. If you love someone, TELL THEM. If you’re unhappy with how things are – CHANGE IT. Yes, some people may get hurt in the process, but in the end if you are doing the right thing by YOU, then the outcome will be right for everyone else involved.
Life will not wait for you. You have to go out RIGHT NOW and grab it by the balls and start living! Fuck being ordinary.