Hey! This blog is going to be a bit different. You may have read my previous blogs, or you may not. Either way – I thought I would write a short blog this week to tell you a little bit about me. Inside info – some related to the business – some not! Just for fun – as I don’t like to take life too seriously! So here’s 20 things you might not know about me…
1. I know it’s hard to believe but I’m 29 years old (I still get ID’d for buying a lotto ticket – this amuses / impresses me). I’m a Virgo – a typical one at that. I was born at 00:07 on Wednesday 29th August 1984. I’ll be 30 this year!
2. I grew up living with my mum & dad in a small country village in a lovely bungalow in a quiet residential street which reminds me of Ramsay Street!I have one sister who is 3 and a half years younger than me – although I have always been the least mature of us both.
3. As long as I can remember I have been a bit weird, strange, different to everyone else. From a very early age I recognised that I was different from all my friends because I never wanted to settle. I am a leader not a follower.
4. I’m gay. I’ve known I was into girls for as long as I can remember. At least from high school anyways. I’m completely transparent about it – I don’t find it difficult to talk about. I haven’t found the person I want to spend my life with yet – I have very high standards and I don’t want to settle for flings or stupid one night stands.
5. If I like you, you will know about it. If I don’t like you – you will know about it. I distance myself from people I dislike and I do it quickly. If things aren’t working out for me – I am very good at letting them go – and this includes people! I’m very direct and straight to the point and you will always know where you stand with me.
6. I’m a perfectionist. Which means that I sometimes find it very difficult to get things done. I get really frustrated when things are not done perfectly the first time. I have grammar OCD and I’ll probably read this over a million times before publishing it even though I know it’s correct.
7. If I like someone (romantically or otherwise) – I will dive in head first and give them 100% of my attention. I will drop everything for them and open up completely. I don’t like this trait in me as it has opened me up to abuse and hurt in the past. I find it hard to trust people nowadays.
8. I spend the majority of my time working, thinking about work or studying. The rest of the time I’m listening to music and writing (usually simultaneously as I am now). I’m can be very anti-social and can easily spend hours, days and weeks by myself if I want to. I have diaries written going back to 1996 – I write a LOT. Most of it doesn’t make sense to me anymore. I listen to all sorts of music and take inspiration from people I follow on Spotify, Instagram & Facebook. Music is a huge part of my life and always has been since I was a kid. I can read music and I can sing pretty well. I just don’t.
9. My favourite colours are purple and luminous pink
10. I am materialistic. I like things.
11. I believe that you should burst your arse for what you want and never settle for less. I believe that you should ignore what other people say when it gets in the way of your dreams. If you believe it can happen – it will. It may take months, years, decades to manifest – but it will.
12. I have lived in London and Sydney.
13. In my late teens and early twenties I travelled a lot – I loved backpacking. I have travelled all over Europe, including Spain, Portugal, Italy, all through Southern France, Czech Republic, Sweden,Greece. I’ve also travelled to Thailand 3 times, and Australia twice. The second time I went to Australia I settled there for a year or just over a year. If there is one thing I could change about my life so far it would be coming back from Sydney. But one cannot think in hindsight. This year I will travel to America for the first time to LA / Hollywood / Las Vegas and Huntington Beach / Long Beach Orange County.
14. I have anxiety. Not the kind where you get butterflies in your stomach because you’re nervous but true diagnosed anxiety. It’s a constant battle every day inside your head fighting irrational fears and only those who have it, will ever really understand. I have achieved a lot in the last decade despite my GAD. Not everybody understands but those who do, stick around, and those who don’t – can fuck off.
15. I don’t trust easily but I will open up to you and give you a chance. I can be quick to judge. My gut feeling has never been wrong before. I am attracted to girls who are similar to me but polar opposite. I will not be interested in you unless you like being in a gym often. 😉
16. I have done a sky dive in Australia but I’m too scared to do a bunjee jump. I don’t like rollercoasters but I do like spinny things like waltzers – but I WILL be sick.
17. I have 8 tattoos. I’m having my left arm half sleeve completed next week. It represents some deep stuff from inside my head.
18. As I write this I’m listening to Frightened Rabbit – an indie rock back from Scotland. It makes me instantly smile inside and out.
19. My favourite food is pizza but I don’t eat it often. Infact I haven’t had any this year. I should probably sort that soon.
20. My favourite place in the world is the lighthouse at Turnberry, Scotland. Especially on sunny days, to just climb over the fence, sit on the rocks and listen to music and write (funnily enough). I have a lot of really good memories here.
Welcome people into your life who accept you for who you are and what you believe. Don’t settle for less.